Cosplay at the Comic Con
What is Cosplay?
Cosplay (Costume Play) is where attendees come to the event wearing the costume of their favorite characters! While many cosplayers simply wear the costume of their choice, others take it a step further an role-play their chosen character as they interact with other convention attendees. Learn more in this video!
Who Can Come in Cosplay?
Anyone! As long as you follow the rules below that are put in place for the comfort and safety of all our guests you are welcome and encouraged (… but not required!) to come to the event in Cosplay.
Is there a Cosplay Contest / Masquerade?
There sure is! Learn more about the Cosplay Contest here.
Is there a fee to enter the Cosplay Contest?
Absolutely not. Also: our open Cosplay contest is FREE to enter and always will be.
General Cosplay Policies
Our Cosplay and Weapons Policy is in place for the safety and comfort of all guests. Please take a moment to review the information below. If you have any questions about the information below do not hesitate to contact us in advance of the event. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
• All guests attending Forest City Comicon with a weapon or prop must check in at the Prop Check Desk upon arrival. At the table you will be issued proof of inspection tag that must be visible the prop at all times.
• At any time during the convention Forest City Comicon staff have the right to inspect any prop, weapon or similar to ensure compliance with general policy and to ensure the safety and comfort of convention guests.
• Forest City Comicon reserves the right to deny entry or revoke admission privileges without refund to any guest who violates these policies or the spirit of these policies.
With Regards to Costumes:
• Cosplays should be reasonably appropriate for a family audience: in compliance with local decency laws. Private areas should be appropriately covered. (Example: no borat-style costumes permitted).
• All imitation weapons and props must comply with Federal, Provincial and local laws. (ie. Orange Tip)
• Actual weapons are strictly prohibited (this includes de-commissioned firearms, airsoft, etc.)
• Keep items holstered, sheathed or slung unless posing for a photograph.
• Metal prop weapons are prohibited (such as metal swords and metal knives).
• Props should not have sharp edges or points.
• No replicas of contemporary Firearms.
• No projectiles of any kind allowed (ie. nerf darts)
• Weapons/props purchased while at Forest City Comicon, that you plan to use as a prop today, must be taken to the Prop Check Desk and presented to staff. If the item is approved, it may be used within the facility provided it adheres to the above mentioned guidelines.
• Weapons/props purchased while at Forest City Comicon must be removed from the venue once purchased if they do not comply with the policies listed above. Onsite storage for weapons or props is not available.
REMEMBER: When traveling with imitation weapons & props please store them properly for your own safety and the safety of others.