Contest results take place on the Main Stage at 4:30 pm
Registration: Near the Lindy Cosplay Supplies booth on the upper level from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm.
Judging: beginning at 3:00 pm – details available at registration.
Contest Categories & Guidelines
For contests & categories, the Forest City Comicon (under the guidance of the Forest City Anime, Culture, & Cosplay Club) makes use of ICG Guidelines.
Young Contestant (Open) 12 & Under:
Any competitor may participate of the correct age. This Category will not be judged. Everyone participating is a winner for having the courage to be on stage.
Any person age 12 and up may participate. This Category will not be judged. Ideal for participants who don’t wish to commit the time to the judging process but still want to showcase their cosplay on stage.
Best for a group of cosplayers who wish to showcase a themed ensemble. This is a judged category.
Best for first timers and people new to the craft. No professional costumers: winners of a Journeyman Division* or above, Best in Show* in Journeyman, or winner of three or more novice level competitions may not enter. This is a judged category.
Best for people comfortable with the craft and who have some experience. No professional costumers: winners of a Artisan Division* or above, Best in Show* in Artisan, or winner of three or more Journeyman level competitions may not enter. This is a judged category.
Best for people who are confident with their skills and have previously entered other cosplay contests. No professional costumers: winners of a Master Division*, Best in Show* in Master, or winner of three or more Artisan level competitions may not enter. This is a judged category.
Best for people who have achieved advanced skills in cosplay creation and stage presence. You are now competing against the best cosplayers.
*Indicates “at an international competition”.
General Cosplay Policies
Our Cosplay and Weapons Policy is in place for the safety and comfort of all guests. Please take a moment to review the information below. If you have any questions about the information below do not hesitate to contact us in advance of the event. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
• All guests attending Forest City Comicon with a weapon or prop must check in at the Prop Check Desk upon arrival. At the table you will be issued proof of inspection tag that must be visible the prop at all times.
• At any time during the convention Forest City Comicon staff have the right to inspect any prop, weapon or similar to ensure compliance with general policy and to ensure the safety and comfort of convention guests.
• Forest City Comicon reserves the right to deny entry or revoke admission privileges without refund to any guest who violates these policies or the spirit of these policies.
With Regards to Costumes:
• Cosplays should be reasonably appropriate for a family audience: in compliance with local decency laws. Private areas should be appropriately covered. (Example: no borat-style costumes permitted).
• All imitation weapons and props must comply with Federal, Provincial and local laws. (ie. Orange Tip)
• Actual weapons are strictly prohibited (this includes de-commissioned firearms, airsoft, etc.)
• Keep items holstered, sheathed or slung unless posing for a photograph.
• Metal prop weapons are prohibited (such as metal swords and metal knives).
• Props should not have sharp edges or points.
• No replicas of contemporary Firearms.
• No projectiles of any kind allowed (ie. nerf darts)
• Weapons/props purchased while at Forest City Comicon, that you plan to use as a prop today, must be taken to the Prop Check Desk and presented to staff. If the item is approved, it may be used within the facility provided it adheres to the above mentioned guidelines.
• Weapons/props purchased while at Forest City Comicon must be removed from the venue once purchased if they do not comply with the policies listed above. Onsite storage for weapons or props is not available.
REMEMBER: When traveling with imitation weapons & props please store them properly for your own safety and the safety of others.